The East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship provides the following funding:
● Full-time graduate tuition and fees up to the equivalent of the tuition charged for post-baccalaureate students at the University of Hawaii at Manoa toward master's or doctoral studies;
● Housing in an East-West Center residence hall, based on single occupancy;
● A stipend to partially cover food and incidental expenses (Refer to the section on taxes on stipends for additional information);
● An allowance for books, materials and supplies; and
● Subsidy toward health insurance coverage.
All provisions above are subject to change.
Before the start of the award, applicants for graduate programs must have obtained a 4-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. college or university, or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad.
Grade Point Average
Generally, an applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale) or the equivalent, in the last four semesters or six quarters of the undergraduate record and in all post-baccalaureate work.
Download application materials for the Graduate Degree Fellowship from the East-West Center website using the links provided here.
To download the application documents, click below (pdf format):
● Application Handbook
● Application Checklist
● Application Instructions & Form
● Essay Questions & Instructions
● Academic Letter of Reference Form & Instructions
● Civic Engagement Letter of Reference Form & Instructions
● Verification of Funds for Additional Expenses Form
To download only the forms (including the application form, letters of reference, and verification of funds form) as a separate PDF file, click below:
GDF Application Forms (all)
If you are unable to download application materials from our website, or if you are unable to use these PDF files and wish to request a DOC version, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.